• Re: IPhone 5S
    BILLY SMITH Brilliant

Probably the end of September that so what they did with the 5

HARVEY MARTIN Illuminated

Hopefully its here September 20th.....

KATHERINE LADNER Illuminated

Who knows?  CSpire is fairly tight lipped about release dates, whether or not they'll carry a certain phone.@...Apple says you can preorder on Sept 13th, and it will be in stores on the 20th.  If you already have an iPhone, don't forget to upgrade to iOS7 on the 18th.

ASHLEY ROWELL Vivid

Geez, I just got the 5 eight months ago and now they've already come out with the S....

WILLIAM HUGHES Illuminated

I would love to see the iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c to come into the C Spire market...it would give a little "more" to their device base.  Also, I am still rocking the Motorola Milestone X2....which don't get me started on that phone.  However, I have been waiting patiently for the new Apple "product-of-the-year" to come out and now that it's here, I hope that C Spire will get it near the 28th of this month as in last year's bringing in the iPhone 5.  Totally purchasing an early upgrade...C Spire YOU CAN HAVE MY MILESTONE...I GIVE IT BACK TO YOU!

hendrix2 Brilliant

They will have it about the same time as all the other providers if not the same time only a week later. At least that is the way the 5 was done.

gret Brilliant

What about this 5c? Will CS carry it as well?

I am pretty sure they will carry both... I talked to a representative today who gave me the C Spire spill about "we are trying to find the devices that will meet everyone's needs"... but in that he discussed that the iPhone 5s AND iPhone 5c will be brought to the table.  While the release for the new iPhones is September 20th, C Spire will probably not do a preorder segment making the alleged date of the devices' arrival to C Spire a few days after release.  So look for them sometime around the 25th-28th...  I'm pumped!

STEVE LOVELACE Illuminated

Circle Mods you can answer this simple question. Your customers (money makers) want to know.

gnphiker Enlightened

I have to agree with Steve. After all AT&T, Verizon, Sprint, Walmart have all announced pre orders, even Engadet has said Cricket and C Spire would have available if not this week the next.

C Spire treats it like it's some big secret ...    

MATTHEW LEAIRD Enlightened

This is the other phone I am interested in. Any idea when it will be here?

C Spire Liz CommunityModerator

We're happy to bring the latest Apple devices to our customers very soon, because we know many of you want iPhone. We'll let you know as soon as we have definite information on timing.

CHLOE OLIVER Shining

So, what is the difference between 5, 5c, 5s?

gnphiker Enlightened

Just to clarify a few things. There are differences other than just a 'longer battery life'.

New A7 CPU that equates to being a faster processor, which also is the first 64 bit chip in a phone. New Camera features plus 1080p front-facing, dual-element flash and new finger print scanner for better security.

If I had an iPhone 5 I would probably would pass on the upgrade but being that I have the 4S it becomes a no brainier for me to get off of C Spire's horrible 3G network. Hopefully their 4G LTE service will be a better experience, out of town included! 

JOHN OLIVER Enlightened

Isnt the c supposed to be cheaper, but have the same functions?

moreegang Shining

Wonder what the big announcement is in 7 days according to the home page? Hope we know about the 5S before then......

It seems that the announcement would be the iPhone 5c & 5s due to its timing...however...when I marked the date in my calendar C Spire stated that they were working on introducing some local technological breakthrough...

I may be wrong...but...the iPhone has been around "locally" for a long time... and I'm not quite sure about the term "breakthrough."  Don't get me wrong, I love the iOS and even the new iOS7, but I'm thinking that this announcement might be a company expanse inquiry.  Maybe like placing a store in Birmingham or something random like that. (Although I'm really hoping its the iPhone announcement even though its release has already been announced.)

C Spire is confusing sometimes...

BILLY SMITH Brilliant

William I doubt its the iPhone I kinda think ithas something to do with there network maybe we are going to get faster speeds they said it was coming to every neighborhood.(Unless they give us all a free iphone)

gnphiker Enlightened

Maybe they are going to start offering a service like LUS Fiber in Lafayette, LA, wishful thinking to compete with Comcast!

You are exactly right, Billy!  I received an email from C Spire noting that they are releasing a "local" breakthrough technology that "they have been personally developing."  Haha...they definitely didn't develop the iPhone...also they are having a live press conference, so I highly doubt they would re-release a press meeting over the iPhone 5s and 5c's releases....  What impeccable timing C Spire has for offering new services the exact same time as the iPhone's release......as Stephanie would say off Full House, "How rude."  I actually believe the phrase, "marketing strategy," takes the cake with this one guys.

KRYSTAL DICKINSON Illuminated

I'm hoping the same! I've been checking everyday on here to hear something about when Cspire will get the 5C and 5S. I read somewhere that we might get it a week after Verizon and At&t like we did with the 5 so fingers crossed. I can't get mine anyway until February.

JACKIE HOSEY Enlightened

C Spire is usally the last to get any phone.

ANNA ROBBINS Illuminated

I am so excited to try out the new iphone. My upgrade is coming up soon and I have had to many issues with my current iphone. I really hope they fixed the bugs like the wifi disappearing and the phone dying with 50% battery left!!!!

I'm with you Anna the iPhone 5s looks interesting and I have several co-workers with Iphone's that has peaked my interest. I'll be at the store within a few days after the unveiling (LOL) too take a look.

gnphiker Enlightened

I too plan on upgrading from the 4S which has worked great in the 22 months of use. Even with iOS7 it feels new again.

However I will most likely forgo the temptation until Lifeproof releases a compatible 5S nuud case. I refuse to buy anymore Otterbox cases after having to return 3 for replacement within 8 months. The Lifeproof on my 4S has kept the phone as if brand new in appearance out of the case.

Call me obsessed, but I keep watching the apple videos to see if I've missed any hidden features...ha.  I said above that I have the Motorola milestone x2........why I got that phone, bless my soul, I just don't know.  The best thing I remember about iPhone is not really it's features, as they are clearly remarkable, but its dependability; my old iPhone 3G did life extremely well.  While there were a few difficulties in regards to the slow 3G service, that phone was one of a kind with its clean UI and brilliantly user-friendly OS.  Apple has done nothing but improve that iOS with leaps and bounds, and the dependability remains constant; therefore I have officially justified my response in getting one when it comes out, for C Spire that is... 

That is good to know William about the iPhone's. I have the same Motorola milestone as well. I have not had the Apple experience as of yet. With the exception of what my friends have told me and they say the same, the reliability is what they like the most. My Milestone has been great for what it is, except for the last two months. It is wearing out just in time for an upgrade. I'm looking forward to not removing the battery anymore.

STACY MATHEWS Beaming

not sure when it will be here

lamont Beaming

C Spire tweeted last night that the iPhone 5c and 5s will be available October 1st.

ALAN BRELAND Beaming

It is showing that they will have them on October 1st.