66 Replies Latest reply: Aug 23, 2013 2:57 PM by zwoman RSS

Samsung Galaxy s4

zwoman Vibrant

The rumor is that Samsung will release the Galaxy S4 in April of this year. Any chance Cspire carries it?

• Re: Samsung Galaxy s4
    zwoman Vibrant

I actually just upgraded the Galaxy S3 and love it and won't need a new phone for a while but I am always interested in seeing what the new generation of phones brings.

C Spire Kat CommunityModerator

@ zwoman  We currently do not have any information on new or upcoming devices. Please keep checking CIRCLE, Twitter and Facebook for news as it becomes available.

howardm Enlightened

It'll be available in Q2 on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, US Cellular, and Cricket.  Kind of shocked C Spire isn't getting it.

Enlightened

What did you expect? C Spire takes forever and a day to get and release phones. The only reason C Spire released the IPhone along with other carriers is because Apple wanted to get into C Spire's market to make Apple IPhone available to more people. If it was left up to C Spire there possibly would not be any Iphones offered or offering two models behind. Remember how long it took C Spire to finally offer the SG2, which was after the SG3 was already being carried by other cell carriers, and it was just before C Spire picked up the SG3. There is a serious marketing flaw within C Spire and it needs to be corrected. If C Spire was a public, owned by shareholders, company this issue would have been straightened out by now. I wonder if the people running C Spire are any relation to the Dillard family?

macawlover Enlightened

I am upgrading soon and am torn between the Samsung Galaxy III and the Galaxy 4.

Which one will offer the bigger size apps?  Will there be a way to compare them side by side online in the near future?

Thanks!

@mazelle Thank you for your interest in this device. You can go here to get available information regarding the device and to provide your e-mail address when updates are available.

KEVIN MCDANIEL Illuminated

Someone I know has the Galaxy S III and they said they don't like it. I can't remember why they didn't like it though, sorry. I'm waiting for the S 4 to come out, read a blog about it and it seems to be able to do alot of stuff. I have the Galaxy S and I can't stand it, so I'm hoping the S4 will be ALOT better!

Enlightened

I am still waiting for the SG4 to be released, every cell company in the US has the phone and yet cspire is still printing coming soon. This is a joke and makes no sense, yet the company states they think about the customers. Sprint, Tmobile, Cricket yes Cricket all offer the phone and you are not required to sign a 2 year contract. I am in the process of switching to another company, one of my 2 year agreements have ended and I am waiting for the cell companies to offer a but out of your contract if you switch to the company.

C Spire Liz CommunityModerator

Antishun, we know that you have been waiting with anticipation for the Samsung Galaxy S4. It will be released the week of July 8th. We work very hard to make sure that our devices are perfect before we release them on our network. We are also launching the HTC One this summer. We are sorry to hear that you are considering cancelling your contract. You are a valued C Spire customer, and we would hate to loose you.

Shining

Come on cspire get it 2gether. I really want to get this phone. By the time cspire comes out with it a new galaxy probably will be out by then.

Illuminated

cspire loves to wait and build great levels of hype before releasing phones, my wife and i have been holding out for the galaxy s3 for a very long time and when it came around we were informed that our plan must be changed to use it even with out of pocket price! so, im sure the same thing will happen if they get the s4 because it can run on 4g lte as well as a faster speed that i cant remember what they were referring to it as but it was in the 40+mbs range. im guessing the s4 will be rolled out around christmas or early 2014 about the time for the s5 or s6

BILLY SMITH Brilliant

Wait I thought if you payed full price you got to keep your unlimited data plan?

Illuminated

no, you can keep the unlimited only if you dont get a 4g phone, its a little thing they dont tell you when you talk to them about upgrading, but if you get 4g phone you are REQUIRED to sign a new contract, even if you buy out of  pocket cost for phone.

BILLY SMITH Brilliant

Well that's definitely not good for business even Verizon still let's you keep your unlimited plan as long as you pay full price. C Spire seriously needs to get it together. They could have announced it over social media.

@billy Thank you for the feedback.That said, we are the only carrier that offers you Shared Data with no overages, plus the unlimited options. We are sure we can assist in finding the right plan for our customers.

BILLY SMITH Brilliant

Circle Mod I understand that but something like this should have been announced.

TAYLOR LEWING Illuminated

I understand the reasoning behind the policy...4G costs more...but I agree with Billy that the policy needs to be more available and not hidden.

Enlightened

You don't even offer 4g in my city but you are advertising it. When I upgraded my son phone to the sg3 I had to change his plan which was more expensive and I could not figure out why and on top of that he had unlimited video streaming in the old plan but now I pay more for unlimited but would have to pay an additional $30 for unlimited videos. So how is that a better plan if you are paying more out of pocket and you are not getting the same features before and he does not have 4g and is paying for that service? You do have hidden fees and you are not honest about unlimited everything because if it was unlimited everything you would not be charged additional for video streaming. Cspire get it together before your customers go to other phone carriers

We understand your excitement and concern for this in your area and we do appreciate your feedback. We are constantly enhancing our network and you can always keep up with the latest in 4g developments online at www.cspire.com/4g.

nick78 Enlightened

No you can keep your plan if you pay for the phone I am on the old unlimited plan and have an iPhone 5.

Enlightened

As a long time customer, I don't think you should be required to pay for the phone versus upgrading at the 2 year price and still be allowed to keep your plan. I can see if you are a new customer and getting a new plan but to tell your long time customers they have pay full price for the phone is ridiculous.

KEVIN MCDANIEL Illuminated

Where I'm at there is no 4G speed, but they still charge you for it. I don't get that! I hope they don't make you get 4G and up the price on it. That would really stink.

phideaux Enlightened

If I'm not mistaken the galaxy s4 will come as an only 3g phone and a 3/4g phone....so if you got the 3g only variant you can keep your old plan

MICHAEL THURMAN Enlightened

I sure wish they would hurry up and get the galaxy 4 I have been waiting to upgrade till they get this phne.

Enlightened

Verizon does offer more phones and newer phones but cspire has cheaper plans. Id rather save money and settle for the galaxy 3

Illuminated

when will the S4 be getting released?

Shining

when cspire comes out with the S4,the S5 will be out by then.  That how it always is.  I had brought my iphone 4 then after i got it, the iphone 4s came out. Cspire is slow.

Illuminated

I really don't understand why it take c-spire longer to get phones than the other companys. By that time customers won't even want the phone. Or a lot of customers will just switch to another company because c-spire takes forever for a phone to be released!

circle_methis Shining

Supposed to be released this summer sometime. Hopefully this month or July. But I'm betting closer to August or September. I hate that Cspire would be last to get these devices.

It seems to me that everybody else that has the s4 is cheaper than cspire is offering it for and plus the device replacment fee is so high it sucks. I like the fact that cspire came out with the new phone plans though.

BILLY SMITH Brilliant

Yeah everyone else has lower the price to attract more customers. Even US Cellular reduced their price to 99.99 The new plans are great but I'm hoping for plans like what Tmobile has its cheaper and you can upgrade anytime you like.

Yeah that would be nice if cspire would do that but we both know they want.

@Michael and @Billy, thank you for your input.  We want you to know that we do listen to our customers' suggestions.  We think our new plans offer our customers a really great value.  One thing you may not realize is that other carriers may finance your device throughout your plan or your have to pay for the device upfront.  We give our customers a greatly reduced price for the device in return for a 2 year contract.  Please continue to provide your suggestions, and we look forward to continuing to engage with you in CIRCLE.

circle_methis Shining

You must be referring to Tmobile's "uncarrier" plans. Which actually are better if you buy your device upfront because you get a cheaper monthly rate. If you finance you pay a "down payment" then a monthly payment ontop of your service plan.. IE: 100 down + 50mo for service + 20mo for phone. after 24 months its payed off and your monthly plan goes down to the 50 dollar rate. Just an example. Also it's GSM so you can get anyphone you want and dont have to worry. I think IMO it's a good deal. Cspire to me competes more with Verizon and At&t on their plans.

THOMAS WALLACE Beaming

Yeah, the best thing to do is to go get a Nexus 4 straight from Google for at most $350, and you can get a no contract full unlimited  plan on Tmobile for $70 a month or just 500 mb of 4g (which you won't need for the Nexus it's a 3g) for $50 (rest unlimited, throttled after 500mb) and no overages.  2nd line starts at $30, $50 for unlimited. 

That's $30 less than Cspire's full unlimited 100 plan.  Oh and Tmobile lets you tether up to 2.5 gbs for free...

Cspire only trumps Tmobile in Mississippi coverage.  You can't get better coverage in Ms than on Cspire. 

@Thomas, we feel that we offer many services to our customers that make us a better carrier.  We have the best coverage, we offer the most competitive upgrade packages in the industry, and we reward our customers with PERCS.  We also feel that our Unlimited Plan really does offer a great value.  Many people cannot afford the full retail cost of a SmartPhone.  Our plan allows them to receive a great discount on their device and receive Unlimited talk, online video and music, web, email, texts, pics, IMs and app/file downloads.

BILLY SMITH Brilliant

Thats exactly the plans that I am talking about. They are actually to me the most competitive plans in the US. All the other companies aren't willing to do it just yet because that means they will take a pay cut.

@Billy, while their plan may seem attractive at first, there are associated costs such as $20 for unlimited data and the additional cost of financing a device.  Even though it says "no contract," that's not exactly true if you decide to finance your phone.  You may not have a service contract, but you do have a contract to pay off that financed device.  We offer the best upgrade packages and better coverage.  We also reward our customers for their loyalty to C Spire through our PERCS Program. 

@circle_methis, the plan you are referring to only includes 500MB of data.  That's not even 1GB.  To receive unlimited data, you have to add an addtional $20.  Then you have to add the additional cost of financing a device.  Once you factor everything in, there really is no savings.  Our Unlimited Plan includes Unlimited talk, online video and music, web, email, texts, pics, IMs and app/file downloads, AND we have the best upgrade packages in the industry AND better coverage.  We also reward our customers with PERCS, so you can get additional savings.   

circle_methis Shining

It's a "contract" like any other agreement that you have to pay off the device... Thats what an ETF is basically is with anyone else.. However, with Tmobile you own the phone and are only subjected to the fee of whats left that you owe on it.. The plan I was refering to was only an example. I pay 65 for 500mins unlimited* everything else with Cspire, so the Tmobile plan would be slightly better. Even At&t has new gophone plans for 60mo unlimited everything and 2gb data. However Cspire can't be beat for coverage. I can go anywhere(almost) in the state.. these little boonie adhoc towns in the middle of nowhere and get coverage. Cspire's plans are a better deal when compared to At&t and Verzion. But beat Tmobile in coverage.

STACY MATHEWS Bright

oh yeah they will always just about have samsung and apple products because they are the 2 major players