4 Replies Latest reply: Mar 7, 2014 2:57 PM by DEBRA MCDONALD RSS

CSpire WiFi

Illuminated

Considering getting CSpire WiFi.  Already have our cell phones through cspire and would like to switch to their wi-fi.  Any pros or cons I should know about?

• Re: CSpire WiFi
    JAMES JAHNS Illuminated

I have the Wifi hot spot with cspire and I had to sign a two year contract, the associate told me that the 3 gig plan is enough for most people and it is only $30 a month, $10 for every gig over your plan. Turns out that 3 gig is hardly enough, I downloaded 5 movies and went over my limit, I got a phone bill for almost $600.

Illuminated

Depends on what you want to do. I doubt 3 movies actually caused a $600 bill. Plus you can track your usage and know when you are about to go over the 3GB. I have the Franklin 4G and the speed and connection is great. The price is no more or less than any other non-cable internet connection. They all charge you by the GB so you gotta suck it up and accept it.

We had wildblue and were paying $70 a month and if we went over our GB they just shut us off without the option of paying for more usage, and wildblue connection sucked.

If you dont have access to better internet (cable-broadband) then this is your only best option. As long as you have good phone service where you live then you will have good internet service.

Illuminated

I HAVE NO IDEA IF YOU FIND OUT LET ME KNOW! I ONLY PAY 60 FOR WIRELESS INTERNET