17 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2013 2:26 PM by SEAN HARRISON RSS

4G LTE Rollout

ROBERT DOW Illuminated

Why has CSpire ignored one of its largest population areas in the 4g rollout? DeSoto and Panola counties have been totally ignored. Along with other Memphis metro area customers!

• Re: 4G LTE Rollout
    C Spire Kat CommunityModerator

@Dow Robert Thank you for your post. We understand your concern and we'll be happy to address. We definitely aren't ignoring our customers in your area. We will continue to roll out 4G coverage well into 2013. We will continue to update our information at www.cspire.com/4g to reflect out plans.

fd59 Enlightened

Circle Mod 2 wrote:

@Dow Robert Thank you for your post. We understand your concern and we'll be happy to address. We definitely aren't ignoring our customers in your area. We will continue to roll out 4G coverage well into 2013. We will continue to update our information at www.cspire.com/4g to reflect out plans.

When does C Spire plan on supporting the iPhone 5 4G?

Shining

fd, you will not get a answer to that. They are keeping that issue hush hush so people will still but the i5 not knowing is is not 4g with cspire. There are numerous posts about this in circle.

Shining

nothing wrong with asking.  This is a place to ask questions and expect answers.  It is on topic and is relevant to 4G.  We got screwed, we aren't happy, and we need some answers.

Any news Circle Mod or will this be ignored too?  I don't knwo where else to go, they sure didn't mind taking my money in exchange for a broken promise.

fd59 Enlightened

MARK STINSON wrote:

fd, you will not get a answer to that. They are keeping that issue hush hush so people will still but the i5 not knowing is is not 4g with cspire. There are numerous posts about this in circle.

I already knew they would not answer the question, I just want to give them a hard time, because they deserve it considering the sneaky way they are selling the iPhone 5 and avoiding the 4G LTE issue.

hendrix2 Brilliant

They called and told me it will be eventually 4G LTE but right now it is not. They said they will have to update them but they did not give a timeline when that would be. They will let me know when they get further information on that.

Shining

It's sad really. The iPhone 5 is 4G capable but the network just doesn't have the right frequency to support it right now. I did notice that if you look at C Spire's online store the iPhone 5 isn't marked as 4G capable whereas the new Androids are so I guess they're technically not lying to customers. It's just that everyone already knows the 5 is already 4G capable.

hendrix2 Brilliant

Just gotta be patient and it will be. I know it is hard but will be worth the wait.

fd59 Enlightened

BRIAN MAGSIPOC wrote:

It's sad really. The iPhone 5 is 4G capable but the network just doesn't have the right frequency to support it right now. I did notice that if you look at C Spire's online store the iPhone 5 isn't marked as 4G capable whereas the new Androids are so I guess they're technically not lying to customers. It's just that everyone already knows the 5 is already 4G capable.

I think they are lying because if you knowingly let your sales reps give false information then you are lying.  Sales reps all over the state are telling people the iPhone 5 will be 4G when their area gets 4G, but thoes of us who understand the technology driving the LTE know that the method of LTE C Spire is deploying is not supported by the iPhone 5.  C Spire will have to deploy a completely different version of LTE to support the iPhone 5.  Now, they may get this done, BUT it will be a very long time (read: greater than a year) before they deploy the required version of LTE.  IF they do it at all. 

Beaming

shouldn't the iphone 5 have 4g lte ?

STACY MATHEWS Bright

i don't know why they have been ingored that's a lot of folks

STACY MATHEWS Beaming

i don't know why they ignored the people

BILLY SMITH Brilliant

So my area is the first to get 4G LTE this time. One thing though, I have to go to the back of my house to get it . it didn't quite  reach my house just my luck.

gret Brilliant

Kinda like when you wave your phone around to send a text cause you don't have a good signal.

Now, you can wave your phone to get 4g, Hee Hee. You could always add onto your house. Sorry Billy, just gotta pick on you a bit. But that does suck though.

BILLY SMITH Brilliant

Thats exactly what it's like but it seems they have expanded a bit becuase I can now get it on the patio sohopefully they can expand a little more so I can get it in the house

SEAN HARRISON Shining

Thats unfortunate