24 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2013 4:38 PM by C Spire Kat RSS

Memphis Market 4G LTE

Illuminated

I have searched and have not found any information at all about when to expect the LTE rollout ot hit the Memphis, TN market.  Anyone in the know?

• Re: Memphis Market 4G LTE
    Illuminated

Mod, please feel free to move this to an appropriate category.  I can not seem to grasp how to start disccusions in a forum other than the current one and can not figure out a way to browse all the forum choices!

C Spire Kat CommunityModerator

@Bradley Boutwell We are rolling out 4G in phases. We will launch 4G in 37 markets across our region by the end of 2012 with more areas following soon. We're working hard to provide you with the best 4G LTE network possible. Unfortunately, we don't have a date set for your area yet but you can always check www.cspire.com/4G for the latest network news and announcements.

Illuminated

Any additional information available yet, Mod?  With the recent rate increases, it is becoming harder and harder not to change services to one of the two that have LTE in our market already.

We are aggressively working on a plan to upgrade our network to 4G LTE capability in this area, however at this time, we do not have a time frame for when this will be available. Stay tuned to our website www.cspire.com/4G for all the latest information about this as it becomes available.

Illuminated

Thats big letter F. Salesman in cspire said that I will have 4g by the christmas time, and that was the reason why I sign up for this.

ROBERT DOW Illuminated

Ok CSpire this is getting ridiculous! When will DeSoto County and the Memphis Metro area be getting 4G LTE? Why would some of the smaller markets get 4G before us? It's crazy to walk around with a 4G capable phone (GS3) and not be able to take advantage of it. Step it up, please!!

@robert We understand your excitement regarding this. We are working to expand our 4G coverage. Unfortunately, we do not have any information about the availability in Memphis. For any available updates you can check out www.cspire.com/4g.

Illuminated

Guys we are not even in perspectives to get LTE service, I will be defenetly out of here, and I suggesting you do the same things. You can find same deals with the LTE internet in other companies. This company lied to me about LTE by christmas time, today is MAY WTF. And I signed contract for 2 years.

Illuminated

I've been with this service for around 7 years now with no real regrets.  My contract is currently up for renewal and I have been patiently waiting for the Galaxy 4 to come in.  Now that I realize that 4G is yet to be scheduled for rollout in north MS or Memphis, I'm seriously considering giving in to changing providers.  What's the point of having the latest/fastest technology phone if it's only being supported by lackluster service?

Cspire, I hope that you commit to a date for these areas before the S4's come out.  If not, I'm out.

C Spire Liz CommunityModerator

We are happy that you are interested in both the Samsung Galaxy S4 and our 4G network. The Galaxy S4 will be released this summer. We are constantly expanding our network, and you can keep track of the latest developments at cspire.com/4g.

Beaming

i don't have 4g lte...

Illuminated

Anything new on this front?  We plan to move to "big red" come November if there is nothing planned.  I get their LTE service on my iPad and its nice.  Would love to have that through CSpire...

Illuminated

Memphis is still not even listed on the C Spire "complete list" (Our Network | C Spire Wireless). Our contract is up in three weeks and we are gone.

C Spire Liz CommunityModerator

Hey BRADLEY BOUTWELL, we understand your frustration, and we hate to hear that you're considering another wireless carrier. We do appreciate your business. Please know that we are constantly expanding our 4G LTE network coverage.

Illuminated

Hi Liz.  I have to admit that I am impressed with the improvement on customer service C Spire has made.  Not only was your response fast, it was composed much better than previous responses have been.  And using your names now instead of the global "CSpire Mod" is a huge step forward. In addition, I also received a call from C Spire regarding this post today.

While I did not get the answer I had hoped for, the responses I did get were polite, timely, and as service-oriented as the situation allows.  The person I spoke with on the phone said they would follow up with me after checking with engineering on the status of our market, so I hope I may still get some good news.

Either way, a vast improvement on customer service!

BRADLEY BOUTWELL,

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us.  We really do appreciate hearing about our customers' experiences with C Spire.  We understand that it may not be the answer that you had hoped for, but we're sure that the correct people are looking into your situation.  Let us know if there's anything else that we can help you with!

-Kat & C Spire Liz