25 Replies Latest reply: Jun 16, 2012 9:36 AM by r326m RSS

Galaxy S2 And S3

Illuminated

Here I am waiting forever for cspire to get the Samsung Galaxy S2 but all the other carriers(T-mobile At&t etc.) are already moving on/getting the Samsung Galaxy S3. I mean really(I dont understand) why is it taking this long?? Im happy with Cspire as my carrier but its like Cspire is so far behind all the other carriers(t-mobile at&t etc.). I mean they did just get the Iphones. Even Best Buy is getting the SGS3 soon. i just dont understand!!  

• Re: Galaxy S2 And S3
    STEVEN LEBLANC Shining

I really feel it has more to do with total market (potential sales) than anything. Like yourself I am satisfied with CS coverage, rates and plans but their selection of phones always seem to be behind the market norm.... but, hey, if I gotta sacrifice gadgets to keep reliable service it kinda works out in the end 

gret Brilliant

I agree 100%. I'm not a big phone user like most, so the S3 and Note aren't a big priority for me but it would be nice to have them. I just use my phone for personel use. Now if I used it for business and CS didn't get them, I might have to look elsewhere, cause that would benefit my business, if I had one. Gret

nihillasohen Beaming

I think the big 4 has too much influence on what phones are avilable for regional carrier, but on the same note cspire is too secretive...

Vivid

We just need to wait on 4G the only reason all of those carriers got it is because they already have their 4g network in place

Illuminated

I think cspire is waiting for the 4g network to launch the new samsung phones

Vivid

Me too!

SAMANTHA DAVIDSON Shining

I wish that CS would implement another form of the Discover Center again where we could see months ahead of time what new devices were "coming soon" to CS so that maybe we would have the opportunity to continue to wait for what we're wanting instead of us just guessing and settling with a current device in stores/online, only to have a few weeks later the device we had been waiting for to come out but then we're stuck under yet another contract with a device that we just settled with. BRING BACK THE DISCOVER CENTER!!!!!!!

nihillasohen Beaming

Us cellular is getting G3 and its regional carrier.

Vivid

We just have to wait on 4g. It's frustrating but I have waited since last october so a few more months won't make a big difference.

Enlightened

ikr..i heard rumors about the galaxy s2..but then the iphones comes

Shining

CS spent what little money they had to get the iPhone. Why else would they still pimp out the Showcase after this long? I mean, dipping it in white is not going to change the fact that it's a old phone and it should be free instead of $30 as of this writing.  They iPhone is the only serisouly competitive device in their lineup and with the new 2012 iPhone on the way, it is getting long in the tooth itself. The only thing I can see CSpire getting as far as 4G goes are 12+ month old rebranded Verizon phones. That being said, if they do get a new for 2012 model 4G phone, I'd be super surprised and happy for CS, but it is too little too late for me.

CS would want to keep customers, even if they didn't have 4G fully online yet. Sprint was smart by selling their 4G phones before they were live so that people would have the devices already and not jump ship to another carrier, as I will be doing.

Say what you want about coverage versus cool device debates, but I'm going to have to decide with cool devices.

I just think that CSpire, and CDMA carriers as a whole, only allowing you to activate phones that they sell is just wrong. It would be like only being able to buy and use TVs from Comcast or DirecTV and not being able to use that TV with any other service.

Not to mention the fact that CSpire is going to have serious national 4G roaming coverage issues so I'd rather just roll with one of the big 4 and at least that way, going over a roaming data limit is not an issue for me as it has been with CSpire.

CSpire is an ok company, but because they can't compete nationally for my type of use, I can't continue to be a customer with them. Technology changes too much and they are just too slow to offer new products for me.  If they work for someone else, then, awesome sauce! 

Vivid

Im with you on that one if nothing good doesnt come im gonna have to jump ship .Verizon has excellent coverage in my area and ayt the rate they are putting out 4G it will be available next year . ill find a way to adjust to the data cap plus I still have two lines over there anyways

Vivid

I am so sorry you feel this way. I have been a customer for a really long time and have always been pleased with cspires service however some people do need more of what those big dogs offer. I wish you good luck in finding service that fits your needs.

JANICE SIMMONS Beaming

I'M WAITING ON THE GALAXY 3, THAT'S IF C SPIRE GETS IT.

Illuminated

Yeah,cause its so similar to the Iphone I would rather have the SGS3 in my hands

Illuminated

So have any of you gained any points from PERCS and do you enjoy tryin to collect the points

Illuminated

I'm looking forward to getting the SGS3 too. From what I've read, it may be coming out this September when C Spire rolls out its 4G network.  Hopefully they'll offer some kind of opportunity for existing customers with time remaining in the contract to be able to get this phone.