24 Replies Latest reply: May 12, 2014 12:41 PM by sexi RSS

Customer Service?

WILLIE THOMAS Illuminated

C-Spire does a lot to personalize our wireless experience. However, since the change over from Cellular South, there have been numerous changes. A lot of these changes have come at the expense of the customers. Take streaming for example. We now have to pay for streaming. Which makes us pay for using certains we love like YouTube, Pandora, & iHeart Radio? If we pay for "infinite" data, should this not be included in the price? Ha! I suppose not. The plan with "infinite" data & massaging is $70!!!!! But, if you add "infinite" streaming, it increases $30 taking your bill up to $100/month!!!!!! This seems extreme to me. The reason that my family and I decided to use CELLULAR SOUTH is because it used to be much cheaper than other companies with outstanding service. Now, it is beginning to charge just as much as the others, and service is becoming a problem also. I drop so many calls in a day that phone conversations are nearly impossible. I am a faithful customer, but it seems as if C-Spire does not care about its customers as Cellular South did. Another thing that rubs me the wrong way is the "Customer Service Line." When you call it gives you many different ways to do things yourself as opposed to actually getting help from an actual reprensentative. From cspire.com to Facebook & Twitter. Why cant I talk to a real person? I actually asked a rep was there an easier way to connect with an actual person and she explained that I could connect with C Spire through Facebook & Twitter! I think I speak for everyone when I say, handling business is much easier when you can actually talk to someone. This is really starting to bug me. Let's not even begin to discuss the supposed 3G! I know that many of us love some type of social network or some game app installed on your device. Well, without that little 3G symbol, you're unable to do anything! I get FURIOUS when it disappears for hours on end and I can't post tweets or send texts! I turn the phone off and on numerous times and nothing works. Yes, maybe I should call C Spire when it happens, but MY PHONE WON'T CALL OUT! C Spire reps always ask "How can I personalize your wireless experience today?" but I am not really seeing any personalizations. All I truly see is higher prices and the beginning of horrible service.

C Spire are you really concerned with the happiness of your customers?

• Re: Customer Service?
    qsm2001 Enlightened

I totally agree with you there have been a lot of changes that have happened in the past months that should have been strenuously tested before pushing to everyone then it flops and customers are the ones that suffer.

Illuminated

but hey people can only do so much

C Spire Kat CommunityModerator

Good afternoon! We appreciate all of your feedback in regards to some of our changes in the past few months.

We definitely understand your viewpoint on streaming with our new plans. We did have to redesign some of our plans. This did result in streaming being an additional feature, but it also gave customers access to unlimited picture text and unlimited nights and weekends on all of our new plans. This, in turn, allowed our customer base to better tailor their plans to meet their needs. Additionally, if you were already on the Smartphone Unlimited Plan, you could keep that plan when upgrading as opposed to changing to one of our new Choice D plans.

All of our Choice D plans will include 30 minutes free streaming per month. If more than that is required, you have the option of purchasing streaming passes. If you're only going to view a few  videos per month, the half hour free would suffice. If you want to watch a few more videos and some internet radio, you can purchase streaming passing in segments of 2 hours or 5 hours. In addition, you can purchase the unlimited you were talking about for thirty dollars. This allows customers to purchase what they need, when they need it.

You can check out our price comparison right here on the website at the below link:

http://www.cspire.com/shop_and_learn/plans/competitive.jsp

We also notice that you're experiencing several issues according to your post. This must be frustrating to have to deal with. We'd be more than happy to work with you personally to get to the bottom of what's causing your issue. We want to make this right by you and get you a device and service that you can count on. Please email to us directly at social@cspire.com with your account information, description of the issue, and locations where this is occurring so we can research and find a resolution for you. We would love the opportunity to work with you on this.

Our automated system when calling in is designed to take care of a wide variety of things. It gives general information about the account as well as ways to check your minutes, bill, and other ways of communicating with us, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Circle. These are all ways to get in contact with customer care here at C Spire. Don't forget we also have TextCS where you can text 611 as well for help.

As a regional based company, we are very concerned with the happiness of our customers. We always want to help in any way that we can.

WILLIE THOMAS Illuminated

I understand that there is a pass that can be purchased but when my family and I joined CELLULAR SOUTH it was because rates were much lower. A Smartphone plan costs about $70 but if you want unlimited streaming, its an extra $30! Thats ridiculous! Thats $100 dollars. That price is outrageous! This is not the company that I joined! I feel like this company is turning into AT&T or Sprint or some other over-priced company!

Illuminated

THis sucks

grumpy1 Vivid

I have many more service problems since the change too.  Even though they say nothing changed but the name, something else had to change.  If it hadn't, there wouldn't be so many complaints about dropped calls and such.  It wasn't happening before the "name change".

JANICE SIMMONS Shining

I understand because everyone would like to know that they are paying for great service.

FREDDIE CARVER Illuminated

Its complete hogwash!  I've had my CELLULAR SOUTH phone for 18 months, never had a problem until C Spire took over!  They can say what they want...depending on which cs you happen to get (cause no matter what they tell you...never call to cs, won't matter anyways!!)  was told the crappy service was related to them upgrading to a 4g network, altho every cs since then says that was untrue information!!  Imagine that!!

Now, from what I can tell....my phone worked perfect till a few months ago & the service has steadily declined.  At first it was just dropping a few calls...now, be lucky sometimes to get a grunt in before it hangs up....10x in a row!!  My husband is threatening to smash it, I'm feeling the same!!  Now, though we've progressed to even failing on text messages unless it only contains a few words, again CRAZY!!

I've researched online, there are 1000's of people complaining about the same thing.  Did even more research after my little fiasco with cs....1000's out there with same issue being told now its their phone so they need to upgrade!  Oh & yes, they told us all....we'll do you a favor, give you a 1yr early upgrade!!  What a crock!  Most of those I read & including my own experience with C Spire....seems the average cost of them doing us a "favor" is about $350 + tax!!  (Oh & did I mention, was upgrade to SAME phone!!!)

I am sooooo fed up with C Spire, they made the changes...we didn't!!!  They should have to pay instead of being a typical crappy big business & dumping their bad service issues down to the customer!!  C Spire made the changes, it should be on C Spire to do what it needs to make customers services work again. 

Not hard to figure out why they say its all our phones....how many customers at $ $350 + tax do you think they're trying to collect?  Can you say cha ching!!!  I hope it backfires & they go out of business!!

BAD BUSINESS!!!!

PS  If you talk to their cs....better write down everything they say, whom you spoke with & if possible record it....cause won't matter when you speak to them again what anyone said previously!!  Great cs there!

We would like to ensure you are satisfied with our customer service, and want the opportunity to help you. Please email your full name, mobile phone number, and description of your issue to social@cspire.com  and we will be happy to  address your concerns.

FREDDIE CARVER Illuminated

I would if I had any inkling whatsoever that it would matter.  As I stated previously, I've had enough dealings with C Spire cs to last me a lifetime.

My cs experience with C Spire:

Since my phone is completely unreliable with calls, I went online to C Spire cs live chat to report how my phone has been acting, (this wasn't a new issue, gone on about 4 months or so...)  I was advised by live chat that they issued a ticket for my phone.  Live chat advised that it would be 2/3 hours.  In the beginning they stated they could give no time frames, which I had a problem with.  Are we talking a day, week, month, year?  I'm sure C Spire would appreciate me calling them saying Hey I'm gonna pay my bill without giving a time frame to do it in.  Think they'd turn off my service?

Anyways, several hrs later I called cs since no change in service signal hoping that I would even be able to use the phone to do that!  Imagine my surprise when I'm connected to C Spire cs I have FULL BARS!!!!  (Trust me...if you're having crappy signal issues, dropped calls, etc...dial *611 & watch you're signal/bars!!)  I was told by cs tech 2 that I was wrong, *611 & actually dialing a number is the same...BULL!!!  CS tech 2 guy blew smoke up my behind for over an hr, treated me like I was an idiot.  My position was, I don't need you to tell me how my phone works, I've had it for 18 months so I already know how it worked.  He put me on hold twice, finally coming back with a changed attitude saying that there was something wrong, I showed a very high call drop %.  I was like NO KIDDING!!  So tech 2 guy goes on to tell me since its a holiday, ticket will sit on someone's desk till Tues, oh & live chat person didn't even issue a ticket.  Tech 2 guy stated that there were issues he could see by running tests on some of the towers around me & that they (C Spire) wouldn't be able to say for sure it was the device until they sent someone out to see what problems were on towers.  Tech 2 guy then told me about all their upgrades & changes they've made & are in process of making, even ones to come in future.  Tech 2 guy then stated he would call on Tues to let me know the status.

Tues, by late afternoon, no call from cs tech 2 guy so I called cs again.  This time, I was advised that everything I had been told previously was all "misinformation".  Without hesitation I was told immediately it was my phone needing to be replaced.  I was like, what about this or that from tech 2 guy?  Didn't matter, completely blew me off.  I stated that if my service wasn't going to work then they could have it & I would not pay a early termination fee.  My position is if the service continues to work, I will continue to use it, if not, I should not have to pay for their messing up the services.  My contract was with Cell South, not C Spire.

I was advised by cs, let me quote him "its your credit"

I then posted on C Spire's facebook page my disgust with their company, who immediately posted same message you did.  Send info via email...we care about our customers, yada yada.

Within minutes, got reply...same thing.  Upgrade my phone or live with the crappy service, its my choice.

Well, see HERE IS MY ISSUE:

IF....I CAN CONNECT TO C SPIRE VIA *611 & HAVE FULL BARS....THEN WHY CAN'T C SPIRE MAKE MY SERVICE HAVE FULL BARS???    

I don't believe for a minute its the device...I believe its C Spire's attempt to make the customers pay for the upgrades that C Spire decided to make that caused existing Cellular South phones to start having issues. 

I'd be more than happy to paste my emails here with cs, make sure though if someone wants me to ....pay CLOSE ATTENTION to the times!  Time between when I replied & the time cs replied back.  Minutes!!!  Must be very fast at researching issues...or told not to worry about it, tell them all they need replacements....CHA CHING

suthunrose Bright

*I'm about to do some frustrated rambling here, so bear with me...

@Freddie Carver - Thank you for putting that out there. You read my mind. I've been saying it all along. They're hoping that the 3Gers will all fall in line tand upgrade to the 4G devices (that they can't keep in stock) or the iPhones. Well, guess what?!?! Those phones don't work good here either!

@Everyone who reads this - First time: Take battery out for 30 seconds, put back in. Yeah right.

Second time: You have a faulty phone, take back to store, exchange for small fee. Yeah right again.

Third time: We couldn't locate your physical address. What...don't you have Google maps or something?!?!

Fourth time: We have changed your MIN# so please call *228 to reprogram your phone. Okay, it's still c-r-a-p-p-y, now what? Oh we forgot to tell you to give it at least 30 minutes before it takes full effect. If this doesn't solve the problem then call us and we will do something else. Well, it hasn't solved the problem and it wont be until all of these 4G upgrades are done...maybe. (probably years down the road and by then 3G will be obsolete and 4G will turn into 5G)

**The family up the road here has given up with the data on their phones and called a hi-speed provider out just so they can get on the internet. (just thought I would throw that out there) Not everyone has Wifi or cares to burn gas just to use free Wifi. I will do without or wait until I happen to be near it first.

***I do have to say one thing about this Galaxy S2...the call reception is amazing. Even at no bars it never flutters or fails. Now texting on the other hand, takes entirely too long sometimes, delayed, double, triple, and fails a lot.That's why I downloaded the Kik app. It has been awesome and is super fast. But 3G...ha! You can just about hang that up. I see more 1x than I care to. If I try to go to a site when I actually do have a 3G signal, it almost immediately drops to 1x or O.

@CS - It's plum sad CS, that we pay so much money for these devices and service and aren't able to enjoy them like we should. I should not be an u-n-h-a-p-p-y customer. I wish to be the gloriously happy Cellular South customer that I once was.

@suthunrose  We would like to ensure you are satisfied with our customer service, and want the opportunity to help you. Please email us your full name and mobile phone number at social@cspire.com and we will be glad to follow up with the issues you are having with your device.

hendrix2 Brilliant

I am sorry you do not have good service where you live. Many people all over still do not have good service. I know I am fortunate to live in a good service area. Where you live if I may ask.

JOREE WALTON Illuminated

My phone lost signal about a month ago on my job so for almost a month I have not had any signal cannot receive calls or texts or make them. The techs at cspire is very lame they keep saying everything is fine. The customer service keep saying update your phone so I updated my galaxy S and my husband changed his galaxy out to a iphone 4 but guess what still no service now cspire is telling me thy can't send another tech out because everything is in place on there end but yet when someone call me my phone says the cspire customer is unavailable. No service but they still want to get paid how lame is that. I am a valueable customer of 6 years pay on time and expect service. Is that too much to ask for just give me what am paying for. There service was great up until now and they act like they don't even care anymore as long as you pay they don't care if you have service or not.

Illuminated

I agree!!!!